I’m afraid I didn’t have my camera with me at Stamp Club when Marie came to inspire us so I don’t have any step-by-step shots. Marie has her own business (Artful Artisan) and runs lots of classes and is the most enthusiastic person I think I’ve ever met! She never stops talking and flits from idea to idea like a butterfly. 🙂
She brought along these 4″ square canvases for us to play with and proceeded to bombard us with ways to decorate them. We spent about an hour watching and listening to her and then the next hour we got to do our own versions.
The canvas started off white and I coloured mine with blue Distress Inks leaving it lighter in the middle. It’s not obvious now but I flicked some water onto the ink to create blotches – looked quite interesting but, as I said, you can’t really see it with everything else that’s going on.
I stamped the ‘dream‘ definition in the upper right corner firstly in a light ink but that just disappeared into the surface so I stamped it again with a purple ink which showed a lot more (it was supposed to be faint so as not to detract from the focal image but it was just too pale!). I used some bubble-wrap pressed onto an ink pad to add the ‘blobs’ in blue and then a stencil to put the flourishes on.
The focal image is a large stamp from LaBlanche and I cut it down to sit in the corner. I lightly coloured the edges with distress ink and layered it onto a piece of white card which I edged in purple. You can just see the bit of sparkle from a Sakura pen which I used to highlight the wing. After I glued it in place I used the stencil again to continue the flourish across the image – just to tie it into the rest of the canvas.
The corners are some from my stash – had them about 20 years! I bought a large bag of them from Abakhan and they are a dark brass colour. Alcohol inks didn’t really change the colour enough for my liking so I went over them with ProMarkers to make them blue before gluing them in each corner. The ‘dangler’ is an old earring which was silver but also got the ProMarker treatment – I punched a hole in the canvas for the post and then glued it into place; cut the excess post off the back once it had dried.
It was a fun evening doing something very different to the norm and I completed it the next evening at home – and changed my mind and the position of things many, many times!