I’m awaiting a hospital appointment to have some hand surgery so I decided I’d better get my birthday cards done ready for the next few months. I hope to keep posting here every-time I complete a new one. I’d better not label them just in case the recipient sees it on here before receiving it :).
For this I used some Tapestry Stamps to make the floral base which is high-lighted here and there with some glitter glue. The frame is a Joanna Sheen stamp which I embossed before cutting it out and again high-lighting a little with the glitter and using 3D foam pads to raise it above the stamped focal image. I used my Wizard to make the Spellbinders flowers, layered the whole thing onto a couple of different coloured pieces of card and then pierced around the edge using my Tim Holtz ruler (got to use all these tools :)).
The Dragonfly card is layered Nestabilities, dragonfly brads and Beadazzles around the main image.
These decoupage sheets are cute and I used this one for a sister who owns her own horse – she isn’t anything like this shape though :). I don’t like to use those huge cards which the manufacturer recommends so I took a 3-panel card which had an oval aperture and cut-out a matching oval in the second flap. A piece of acetate sandwiched between these and glued down gave me the base before I stamped around the oval with various Tapestry Stamps. As you can see through from the front to the inside I decorated in there and put the sentiment on the back instead. The fence is made with cream card and a Sizzix die, I then ran the pieces through the Wizard in a Cuttlebug folder which looks like wood. Lightly sponged with Distress Ink and they make a pretty good fence. I sponged the sun through a punched circle and then covered it again with the card circle before sponging the clouds around a card shape cut with a Spellbinder Nestability.