I have 3 sisters and one of them is a very avid gardener so, with her birthday fast approaching, I got out my LaPasche stamps and set to work. I’m re-using the backs of cards which have been sent to me (both Christmas and birthday cards) – trying to re-cycle as much as possible – and so I stamped the two main images onto some nice smooth white card using black Versafine ink embossed with clear ep.
Colouring is definitely not my strong point but I’m determined to try 🙂 so I got out the ProMarkers and set to work. The ovals were cut out with a Grand Nestability and a little yellow ink sponged around the edge whilst it was still in the die. I have a big problem with white space unfortunately so I just had to add some clusters of flowers around the edges too.
Having not thought this through beforehand (as usual), I now needed to mount the ovals to a card and remembered seeing a technique for partial cutting with a die over at Ikki’s Cuttlebug Cupboard. I’m not sure if this is the post I was thinking of but it certainly helped me cut half an oval in the piece of A4 card I wanted to use.
Once I’d cut the semi-oval and scored and folded the card I used some of the accent stamps which came with this Flippin set to decorate and then glued the stamped oval panels into place. I’m really pleased with the way it’s worked out and thankful to Ikki for her blog post which helped enormously – I had a terrible mental block when I tried to work it out myself!