This card is my entry for the current challenge – an all white card! One of the biggest challenges was photographing it! 😉
The base card is a piece of A4 folded into a gate-fold, there’s a lovely ‘crackled’ texture on this card to start with. I then got a piece of pearlescent white paper and adhered it to a piece of double-sided-sticky paper and chose the Owl stamp and a few dies to play with.
I stamped the owl with Versamark and heat embossed it with white powder then die-cut it with a decorative Spellbinder oval. I backed it with a plain oval for strength and glued half onto the left side of the card only. The damask border die by Sizzix was cut twice and then adhered to the top and bottom of the card – quite easily as I’d used the double-sided-sticky paper so no messing with glue. I slipped a narrow off-cut of a cutting mat inside the card and sliced down the centre of these borders with my craft knife so the card would open!
The flowers were made by stamping some white card with the Lily Background stamp; embossing with white powder and then die-cutting with a Crealies flower die. I layered them up and glued them in the bottom corner as you can see. I then decided I needed some ribbon so I cut ~3″ lengths of this lovely white ribbon, folded and gathered the bottoms and stitched them into shape before gluing behind the flowers. Then…..it needed some foliage so I die-cut the Spellbinder leaves 3 times and glued them behind the flowers too. Oh, a sentiment! That was stamped, embossed, fussy-cut, highlighted with my gelly roll pen and then glued behind the flowers.
One day I may learn to plan ahead!
I went a little crazy with the pearls but I do like the texture they add.
Now, the technique bit for Technique Thursday – keeping a gatefold card closed is quite tricky, can be done with a belly-band around it (not suitable for this card); ribbon and a bow, etc.. but I am loving this idea – not mine, I found it and, if I can remember where, I’ll link to it.
I die-cut another oval and embossed some texture onto it before gluing half of it onto the back of the front oval – it’s stuck to the back of the left side of the card, not the oval itself. This leaves a nice ‘pocket’ for the right side of the gatefold to slip into and the card stays closed! You can see now why I felt the need to strengthen the front oval.
This doesn’t qualify for an easy-to-mail card either I’m afraid but I have a special person in mind to receive this, I’ll hand-deliver it. 🙂