Michael Stong Saturday Sketch ChallengeI hope I can manage to enter all the challenges throughout the year on the Michael Strong group – it’s only two per month at most so it should be do-able. 🙂

The main image was made using the large Cloisonné Flower which I stamped randomly over some glossy card stock using a Versamark pad. I then sprinkled with fine, clear embossing powder and heat set. Using a brayer I coloured the whole thing with Kaleidacolor Dye Ink in Calypso and then rubbed lightly over the embossed images to remove excess ink from the flowers.

I trimmed this piece down to a suitable size and layered it onto purple card – it’s raised up on 3D foam pads for a bit of height interest. I chose yellow card for the background for a sunny theme (much needed at this time of year!) and used scraps of both the yellow and the purple for accents and layering just to keep it all ‘together’.

I put the trimmings of the main image through the Grand Calibur with the long strip die from the Ironwork Accents set and glued them to the yellow and then the purple card to make the ‘ribbon’ strips. The faux brads were made by punching two different sized circles from the card and rounding them slightly with a large embossing ball tool before sticking them on to the card with rolled-up glue dots to help keep them in shape.

A closer view of the main images

Embossed resist

Never happy to waste anything - I used the trimmings to cut these strips

Die-cut strip

This is the challenge sketch itself

The Sketch

Tags: , , , , ,