Cloisonné Flower

Cloisonné Flower

As  a Christmas Gift, Nigel bought me some Michael Strong Stamps taking advantage of the free postage he was offering for a few weeks. I have admired these for a long time so jumped at the chance to get some at last. Most of Michael’s stamps are this Cloisonné style and his site has some great ideas for using them. There’s also a Yahoo group dedicated to ‘enjoying’ his stamps which I have joined but have not yet shared any work. My stamps arrived only a few days ago – guess they were held up in the backlog caused by all the snow we had. Anyway, they’re here now and I love ’em!

This first card is also my ‘homework’ for stamp club. We were given a couple of small pieces of cream card and asked to do ‘something’ with them. I glued some ribbon to them (it was white so I ran it across an ink pad to make it blue) and then ribbled them. I ran another piece of cream card through my Wizard inside an inked embossing folder which gave me the background layer. The two challenge pieces were edged with a green ink which I also stamped one of the flowers with – the other was stamped with the blue I’d used to colour the ribbon and the embossing folder. The charms were attached to the middle of the flowers with Glossy Accents and a little bit of glitter used to highlight bits of the flowers.

Ribbled Ribbon

Ribbled Ribbon

Challenge Card

Challenge Card

Cloisonné Fan

The Cloisonné Fan was used to make an easel card for my Sister-in-Law’s birthday. The base is a square white card and layered on that is some lime green textured paper which I’ve had for years. On top of that the shiny black card was cut with a Spellbinder’s Nestability, eyelet squares I think, and a smaller version of the same again in the lime green. The fan was stamped and embossed with denim embossing powder and then coloured with ProMarkers. I cut it out, even through the spines of the fan, and then spoilt that effect by mounting it onto some green card. Some purple gems glued on for a bit of bling, ribbon and yarns and the outside was done. Inside I glued a small lilac flower which I made darker with a purple ProMarker and stamped a lovely verse.

Easel Card

Easel Card

Inside Verse

Inside Verse

Layers

Layers

Close-up

Close-up

Large Vase

The large vase is actually very adaptable. It can be cut into all sorts of different pieces but in this first example I used the whole image which I stamped and embossed and then coloured with ProMarkers. The flowers were cut out of patterned paper, glazed with Glossy Accents, purple gems and a bit of glitter added for sparkle and then mounted with 3D foam pads on top of a couple of fabric leaves from my stash. These leaves are actually a very bright green so I toned them down with ProMarkers. The whole lilac card was embossed with a texture plate. I’m not totally happy with the whole look of this card but will keep it for a while and see if it grows on me.

Vase with flowers

Vase with flowers

Hands on Hips?

Hands on Hips?

Same Vase Stamp

The same vase stamp was used on this next card but this time I cut it apart a little. It was stamped onto patterned paper and embossed with gold powder and then coloured with the trusty ProMarkers! I cut off one handle and the very bottom piece which I then used as a bowl for the flowers. The vase doesn’t look so much like an lady with her hands on her hips this time :).

Birthday Card

Birthday Card

Coloured Vase

Coloured Vase

Patterned Paper

Patterned Paper

Flower Bowl

Flower Bowl

Cloisonné Circle

This is the last of the four stamps I’ve just been bought. There’s a great example on the website showing this as a necklace which I think I shall definitely have to try. I fancy it on Stampbord. I cut the base card out of hammered lilac card using another Christmas gift – a Grand Calibur – and then re-did my homework! I cut another couple of strips of cream card which I then coloured with a purple ink pad. One of these I punched with a ribbon punch and threaded a pale lilac ribbon through the holes. The other had some multi-coloured stripy ribbon glued to it and all corners rounded.

I stamped the Cloisonné Circle onto cream card and then cut it out and layered it with Nesties. The flourishes were cut from the remnants of the A4 base card and all edges inked with purple. I stamped the circle one more time onto black shrink plastic using Opalite ink which wouldn’t dry! So, I dipped it in clear embossing powder and very gently, from a distance, heated it so that the powder would start to melt before the shrink started curling up on itself. I like the way it turned out, sorry the photo doesn’t show it very well. BTW, I cut this with the circle Nestie too – it cut very easily.

Circle Card

Circle Card

Layered DieCuts

Layered DieCuts

Shrink Plastic

Shrink Plastic

Shows truer lilac colour

Shows truer lilac colour

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,