Fun in the SunI joined this blog hop at the last minute 😆 – we’re having a new roof put on our conservatory/office so all our computers and office supplies are in the wrong places and the whole house is in turmoil! I wasn’t sure I’d have time to hop along at all but – by signing-up for it – I made myself go design a card and write about it here. The list of participants is below – click on the name to go to their page. Mke sure you leave a comment at every stop and Hetty has some candy for one lucky hopper.

The rules…..It can be any card with a summer theme, BUT……the card MUST have at least ONE Michael Strong stamp on it. You can share your card for Michael’s “Fun in the sun” challenge.

I have been trying to join the challenge all month but haven’t managed it so far. I hope this card does cover both the blog hop and the Fun in the Sun bit :roll:. Click on the thumbnail photos for more info, I’ll describe what’s going on with each one.

One Michael Strong; 6 Rubbadubadoo; 3 See Dee's - though I didn't actually use all I'd picked out....well, I didn't use the bullrushes!

Chosen stamps

I stamped the flower onto shrink plastic and put it aside to dry.

Cloisonné Flower

..and this is how it looked once shrunk.

Shrunk!

These are magnetic stamps and I've always had the same problem - the ink gets around the edges of the rubber and spoils the stamped image - very frustrating!

Mistake!

I paid more attention the next time - wiped off the ink from around the rubber edges before stamping - I used a black Versafine ink for this.

2nd attempt

I wanted to cut the images with this die but the branch extended too far so I used the 'die cutting outside of the frame' technique (lots of online tutorials for this).

Spellbinder Oval Die

The die is taped in place after I cut around the over-hanging bit and it's ready to cut now.

Ready to cut

You can see the ink I used to colour the die-cut shapes, I tore paper to make 'hills'.

Adding colour

Once the <b>'hills and sky'</b> were in place I coloured the rest with ProMarkers and then mounted each oval onto the yellow scalloped oval....

All three images

....but not before I'd decided the yellow was too bright so I toned it down with a bit of blue. You can see the 'Summertime' stamp which I just cut around free-hand to make a banner.

Change of mind

I used an 8"x 8" cream, pre-purchased card base on which I stamped the 'sun' and lots of butter/dragonflies.

The base card

I coloured the edges of the card with a bit of blue ink (as I did for the word and also the plain ovals before they were stuck onto the scalloped shapes), the shrink plastic flower was attached to the larger stamped image using Glossy Accents and all the ovals were raised on 3D foam pads. The banner is raised also, it undulates between the ovals.

Finished

Tags: , , , , , , , ,