My neighbour celebrated her 80th birthday so I made a special effort for her card. Using the accordion die again I cut 4 panels from double-sided scrapbook paper. The floral paper (you may recognize from the previous post – I’d made an envelope out of it) was cut using a Spellbinder label die and the swirly bits and hearts are courtesy of a Sizzix Bigz die. I made 4 accordion rosettes using the Tim Holtz strip die and cut her name from a set of alphabet dies to centre on the rosettes.
The flowers on the reverse of the card are perfumed, I hope she noticed! I had to make a box for this but only had to hand-deliver it a few yards away. 🙂
Michael Strong Dec/Jan sketch challenge
The first image here shows the sketch we were given for December/January. I firstly die-cut the scalloped circle from kraft card and then embossed it using a Sue Wilson folder called Sea Garden. This is raised above the base card on foam pads but it’s hard to see that on the photo. The 3 little tags are simply embossed with a cute little owl die by Cheery Lynn. The Michael Strong owl is stamped onto the base card and embossed with copper powder and the sentiment stamped across it. Two strips of red-line tape across the top with added glitter to finish. Oh, a little owl button from my stash – surely it’s not there to hide a smudge??? 😉
Ducks and Daves
This is one of my all-time favourite stamps from Crafty Individuals. It is cut out with a Spellbinder Die –Marvelous Squares and layered up onto other die-cut squares. This then mounted onto a card style I’ve used before a couple of Christmases ago and it made a lovely card for my brother-in-law.
The accordion card was for another 60th birthday, lots of shiny card involved. 🙂
Sheila’s Special Birthday
….and yet another 60th! This time I made a gatefold easel card, the first photo shows it standing in its easel form with a large decorative grommet to hold it. The rose was coloured with Pro-markers and then glazed with glossy accents. The ‘gates’ are held closed with thread wrapped around discs and brads and the strips underneath there are made from Spellbinders Diamond Strips and Accents. I added a bookmark to the card as a little keepsake – it’s a magnetic one which I purchased and then altered to make it more suitable.
Michael Strong’s lily is a wonderful stamp and here I’ve used it to make a sympathy card. The petals were masked off and then the void stamped with Chocolate Baroque’s Texture Fragments. A little bit of doodling on the stem and a touch of colour for the leaves to finish flower and then I die-cut it ‘out of the frame’ using a label die. A little bluey-grey distress ink around the edges while still in the die and the sentiment from Quietfire Designs completes the card.