Also entering this in a challenge to use a Daffodil on a card


The sketch challenge for February (as shown below) is very inspirational and this is my take on it. I am also using it for the February challenge at Stamp Club which involves a card using a daffodil stamp. I chose a large 8″x8″ card base – my current favourite size 🙂 – to give me plenty of room for all the stuff on there.
The first layer is some pale green card which I coloured with a green ink to match the later layers. The second layer is some glossy card I’d coloured with yellow some time ago – found it in my stash of oddments – and I embossed it with the Grand Calibur and my Garden Lattice M-Bossability. I stamped the Lily Background panel onto some white card and dragged the colour with a water brush before lightly colouring the whole panel with a green distress ink.

I stamped my daffodil stamp on the same white card using markers to add the yellow and green inks, I then cut it out with Marvellous Squares and lightly coloured the edges while it was still in the die. I used a piece of interesting greeny-yellow card which I’d saved from some document to back the rectangle panel and also cut another Marvellous Square out of the same and I mounted the daffodil on 3D foam to raise it. The pins are stuck into one of those foam dots at the back.

I rotated the white one and then layered up both the Marvellous Square die cuts before threading the ribbon through them and anchoring the top between the layers of card. I’m the world’s worst at bow-tying but I had a go! The button was a white one which I triple-embossed with UTEE and then sprinkled with yellow ep (embossing powder) and some kaleidoscope ep before I pressed it into a stamp to add texture. Five little floral gems in yellow and green and then pva dots around the edges to finish – oh, and a little sakura glaze pen to highlight the stamens and some Stickles for even more sparkle.

All-in-all this is a very textural card and I’m happy with the way it turned out. I’ve added some more photos, so click on them for details.

You can see the texture on the button and the bit of sparkle on the flowers, it *is* stuck on straight although it looks a bit off on the photo!


I filled the flower centres with Stickles

Filled flowers

This is the sketch I worked from

the sketch

Tags: , , , , , ,