I recently read about using rubberbands to make an interesting background so thought I’d have a go.
The bands were various thicknesses and I wrapped them around an acrylic block which I then inked-up using a Versamark embossing pad. I sprinkled silver on the left-hand one and blue on the right and then heated them to melt.
Colour was applied using various inkpads and sponges in shades of pink and purple and on the other I ran the brayer over a Kaleidescope ink pad and put the colour on with that. I prefer the sponged version to the brayered one myself.
I made a couple of cards using some of the backgrounds; the brown one used gold embossing powder and an image sent to me by a friend which I coloured and layered up. The other one is very ‘girly’ for me – I do have a lot of trouble with that sort of thing!