Over at StampTV they’re having a Release Party Challenge which called for using odd numbers of ‘things’ on a card but more than just ‘one’.
So I cut some Heirloom Ornaments out of plain card using the Spellbinder Dies and then coloured them with Copper Paint Dabber by Adirondack. Once dry, I over-stamped them with a Christmas script die using green Versafine ink. After the stamping was dry I rubbed a Versamark ink-pad all over them and embossed three times using clear powder. I only had the ultra-fine powder in but it seemed to work OK for this technique called “Embedded Image”.
I found the idea at:
and used snowflakes and stars to stamp the images on top with a variety of embossing powders. On the small shapes I firstly used a stamp of a similar shaped ornament but it actually spread too much into the clear e/p and just looked smudgy so I used the stars stamp – which you can see on the card base – on top of the first try. I edged these little ones with gold glitter for a bit of sparkle.
The heavy-weight, hammer finished, dark green card-stock used for the base was stamped with gold ink and small stars and I embossed lines using my Scor-It board and lightly rubbed over the top of these lines with the same gold ink pad to represent the hanging ribbons.
The large die-cuts curled a little with all that embossing and so, after gluing onto the card (using Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive – great stuff!) I left the whole thing under something heavy to flatten. I heard a crack as I did this and, as expected, found the largest shape had cracked in a few places. A quick blast with the heat gun fixed this 🙂
This card will need to be handed to someone close rather than posted – there is no way all that triple embossing will survive the Royal Mail!