Valentine Challenge

Valentine Challenge

A Valentine card with no red or pink in sight – that was the challenge thrown down by Michael Strong this week. I’m showing my contribution here, just the one scan this time as I didn’t think about photographing each step – it’s all quite simple really.

I took a piece of recycled A4 card (that is why you can see ‘bits’ in it) in a neutral taupe colour and cut it in half. One half was folded to make the base card and the other I used for the die-cuts.

I stamped over the base with a pale lilac ink using just one image from a cube stamp full of hearts and then edged the card with a darker purple. I cut the nesting hearts (middle and smallest sizes) and the wings out of the remaining card and then embossed them using the Grand Calibur (love it!!!). The raised, embossed areas were then inked over with a brayer and Versamark ink and sprinkled with ‘Tequila Sunrise Sparkle N Sprinkle’. The scan doesn’t really do it justice – that stuff really does sparkle. 🙂

I backed the hole in the heart with a bit of cloisonné – the same way as in the Blog Hop – using ‘Victorian Violet Archival’ ink and then glued the larger heart and the wings down flat (spread some pva lightly with a sponge brush over the back of the wings as they are really hard to get sticky!) and raised the smaller heart on sticky pads.

Not a bit of red or pink to be seen – hope it still says ‘Valentine’.

Tags: , , , , , ,