Wow, two in one month….like buses, I haven’t made one for years and then two weddings come along together. 🙂
This was made for my Stamp Club teacher, Gloria – she married her long-time partner Bob last week and I suspect she will have had more hand-made cards than anyone else I know!
I used an 8×8 card in a pearlised ivory for the base and firstly embossed the Botanical Swirls onto the left side of the front. On top of that I adhered the same ‘Swirls’ which I’d cut out of pale blue vellum and then edged the rectangle with silver sticky strips and a few heart-shaped brads. I used the same vellum to cut out a few flourishes and a piece for the ‘book’ . This book was made using (I think!) Curved Rectangles which I cut in a couple of sizes in several different papers – some silver snakeskin-like; a couple of music pages from an old book which had fallen apart; the vellum and, on top, some printed acetate with butterflies on it.
This was glued to the card with a piece of silver ribbon around the spine and a bow from the same ribbon at the base. A pearl, a wedding-cake charm and a couple of stick pins (coloured blue with alcohol ink) and the ‘Love is’ image stamped onto the vellum just about finished that part…..until I decided I’d like some gilded butterflies! They are die-cut from card over which I’d used double-sided sticky paper and then two shades of gilding flakes used. A bit of blue wire made-up the antennae and these were glued to the vellum layer, under the acetate.
I held my breath and stamped the Audrey Hepburn sentiment in the lower corner praying I’d not mess it up – I really should learn to stamp before decorating! I found some silver butterflies in my stash so coloured them lightly with blue alcohol inks and let them fly around the card. The tissue flowers were made from white tissue paper and Spiral Blossom Two and then sprayed lightly with a blue shimmer spray.
Inside, I printed a verse called ‘The Art Of Marriage‘ and used another piece of A4 paper to fit the 8″ square card. The ribbon strip disguises the join in these two pieces of paper and I used a fancy edge punch just to make it prettier.